Leon Jewelers adheres to the highest ethical standards when handling customer information.
Last updated: August 2016
Collection and Use of Information
you provide to us over time and we may combine such information with information that is publicly available, collected through data collection devices, and information that we receive from our partners, affiliates and other third parties. We use this information for purposes described below, which include responding to your requests and inquiries, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores and inventory, and communicating with you.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Confirm and track your order;
- Respond to your inquiries and requests;
- Compare and review your personal information for errors,omissions,and accuracy;
- Prevent and detect fraud or abuse;
- Improve our website,service,product offerings,marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer experience;
- Identify your product and service preferences;
- Understand our customer demographics,preferences,interests,and behavior;and
- Personal Information that we May Share with Others
- Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- In certain circumstances, we may share your personal information with trusted partners.
• Third-Party Service Providers. We employ trusted third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf. Examples include shipping, payment processing, data storage/management, webhosting, web analytics, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing, emailing, etc. These service providers only receive personal information if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use any personal information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) authorized by Leon Jewelers.
• Special Events/Promotional Offers. If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), Leon Jewelers may share your personal information with those organizations participating in the applicable event. Unless we tell you otherwise in relation to the special event, these third parties do not use your information for any other purpose other than to manage the event. We may authorize trusted partners to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
• Partners. Leon Jewelers may provide information to carefully selected partners. In such cases, we might share and/or cross-reference information, including personal information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you, such as financing services for purchasing Leon Jewelers products. Our advertising partners may use the information we provide to them in combination with their existing information to provide you with more relevant advertising. You may opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from many advertising companies by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
• Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection. We may, and you authorize us to, use and disclose any information, including personal information: (1) we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any personal or as otherwise required by law; (3) to other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
• Business Transfer. Your personal information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of Leon Jewelers.
Anonymous Information. We may create anonymous records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use these records for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance our services, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose any information in such records at our discretion.
Comments. We value your comments, feedback, testimonials, etc., which help us improve our website, products, and services. By making such submissions to us, you assign your rights in the submissions to us, as described in the “Submissions” section of our Terms and Conditions page.
Information Automatically Collected and Other Uses of Your Information
We automatically collect and analyze certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, when you visit leonjewelers.com, Leon Jewelers collects your Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like “top sellers”; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from, our website, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; and the phone number you used to call us. We collect such information to, among other things, help diagnose problems with our servers, administer and tune the operation of the website, analyze trends, track traffic patterns, gather demographic information for aggregate use, and track the date and duration of each session within our website. This information may also be used in combination with your personal information to prevent fraud or abuse, customize your shopping experience, improve our website, customer service, products, and promotional efforts, and to understand your preferences, patterns and interests.
If you download or use apps created by Leon Jewelers for use on mobile devices, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
Information collected on this Website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Leon Jewelers or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities and by using this Website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. By using the Website and providing personal information to us, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Be advised that personal information may be made available, without your knowledge, to the United States government or its agencies, or those of governments in any other country where we or our service providers store or process personal information, under a lawful order made in that country.
Children under 13
Leon Jewelers does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. Please visit the FTC’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/ for tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
Leon Jewelers is committed to the protection of the personally identifiable information that you share with us. We utilize a combination of physical and electronic security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When we transfer sensitive personal information (for example, credit card information) over the Internet, we protect it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. While we strive to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
If the personally identifiable information Leon Jewelers has gathered from you changes or you would like to access, correct, or delete such information, we will gladly provide you access to, correct, or delete (to the extent allowed by law) any personal information we have collected about you. To request access to, a correction to, or deletion of your personal information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact one of our diamond and jewelry consultants at (305) 229-0066.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to continue to hear from us.
To opt out of receiving email promotions that we send you: (1) select “unsubscribe” on our subscription status page and enter the requested information or follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our promotional e-mails; or (2) write to Customer Service at 9666 SW 24th Street, Miami, FL 33165 (a “postal request”). To opt out of telephone promotions, you can tell us when we call you or you can send us a postal request. To opt out of postal mail promotions, please send us a postal request.
Opting out of communication with us does not affect our communications with you via telephone or e-mail related to your orders with us. It also does not affect our use of your non-personally identifiable information.
Important Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions